MILITARY OF ADAMMIA
Arguably the oldest official organisation in the Empire of Adammia, the Military has existed since the 21st of April 2013, created to secure Tytannia Province during the first week of the Empire's existence. Today, the armed forces have grown to include 21 servicemen, spread over the Adammic Army, Adammic Navy and Adammic Air Force.
The overall commander of the Military is the Monarch, bearing the title of Grand Marshal. This of course means that HIM Emperor Adam I currently has complete control over the Military.
The Military is always looking for new recruits. In practice, the Military acts as a pool of volunteers who the government can call upon for a wide range of functions - the chances of being involved in a combat situation are extremely slim. Although military service is considered more of an active role than simply being a citizen, anything we may ask our volunteers to do is of course optional. Citizens can apply to enlist in the Military here.
The army was the original branch of the Military, established in April 2013. The army is the largest branch, with 18 members. Its Field Marshal is Emperor Adam I, and its Chief of Staff is General Sir Alex Read.
1st Infantry Division
The 1st Infantry Division contains Adammia's infantry in and around North Adammia, which is 8 soldiers, commanded by Lord General Sir Guy Crossland. Its operational range covers the Yorkshire and Humber region. It consists of:
- Western Regiment: 1 man, commanded by Lord Colonel Sir Matthew Foster. Protects Greater Tytannia.
- 2nd Infantry Regiment: 3 men, commanded by Lord Colonel Sir Cavan Garfield. Protects El Grandens and Kappania.
- 1st Ranger Regiment: 3 men, commanded by Lord Colonel Sir Reginald Hall. Reconnaissance unit which explores the local Yorkshire countryside.
2nd Infantry Division
The 2nd Infantry Division contains Adammia's infantry in and around South Adammia, which is 3 soldiers, commanded by Lord General Sir Luca Panconi. Its operational range is the West Midlands region. It consists of:
- 5th Infantry Regiment: 1 man, commanded by Lord Colonel Sir Zak Maguire. Protects Alluria.
- 1st Medical Regiment: 1 medic, commanded by Colonel Madam Emily Huffer. The Empire's only medical unit.
- 1st Armoured Regiment: 1 man, commanded by Colonel Sir Asher Bond. Despite its name, it serves as an auxiliary infantry unit stationed in Birmingham.
3rd Infantry Division
The 3rd Infantry Division contains the Empire's expeditionary infantry regiments, located outside of the core areas. It is commanded by General Sir Alex Read and contains of 4 soldiers. It consists of:
- 1st Armoured Regiment: 1 man, commanded by Colonel Sir Asher Bond. Auxiliary infantry unit stationed in Derbyshire.
- 3rd Infantry Regiment: 1 man, commanded by Colonel Sir Will McCracken. Protects Midgard.
- 4th Infantry Regiment: 1 man, commanded by Colonel Sir Richard Hytholoday. Auxiliary infantry unit stationed in Cornwall.
Other army units
- Imperial Guard: 1 man, commanded by (Sergeant) Lord Sir David Hall. Elite unit responsible for protecting the Monarchy and the government.
- Special Operations: 1 man, commanded by Sergeant Sir Jack Sykes. The Empire's elite special forces unit. Its operations are classified.
The Navy was created in August 2013, though it had no actual servicemen until 2017. It now has three servicemen. Its Grand Admiral is Emperor Adam I, and its Chief of Staff is Lord Admiral Sir Christopher Hall.
1st Imperial FleetThe 1st Imperial Fleet is the Navy's only unit, stationed at Myway Docks Naval Base, and commanded by Lady Admiral Hall. The fleet consists of one canoe, the HMIS Eagle, under Captain Debbie Shaw.
Adammic Air Force
The Air Force was created in August 2013. It has 2 servicemen. Its Air Chief Marshal is Emperor Adam I, and its Chief of Staff is Lord Commodore Daniels.
2nd Imperial Air GroupCurrently the only Air Force unit, the 2nd Imperial Air Group is a one-man unit operating from Alluria, commanded by Lord Commodore Sir Joe Daniels.
- Fort Alluria: Army and Air Force Headquarters, home to 2nd Infantry Division, Special Operations and 2nd Imperial Air Group
- Pererria Naval Base: Currently inactive
- Tytannia Army Base: Former Army headquarters, home to the Imperial Guard
- Myway Docks Naval Base: Navy Headquarters, home to 1st Imperial Fleet
- AAF Jagstonia: Launch site for the Adammic Imperial Space Agency
- Watertopia Barracks: Home to Western Regiment
- Midgard Army Base: Home to 3rd Infantry Regiment
The first time a unit was involved in an official battle was the Western Regiment on the 5th of May 2013, in what is referred to as the Skirmish of Tytannia. During this short, half-hearted engagement, a rogue young citizen damaged an army weapon, prompting a response on the part of the army.
Mixed forces from the former Special Operations unit, the Primoria Battalion and what was at one point the 2nd Infantry Regiment took part in the Skirmish of Astley Meadow on the 23rd of January 2014 in which they fought off an attack by a British insurgent known as Luke against the Emperor.